Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas to me.Means…




..."I’m dreaming of a White Christmas": the first carol I sang as a kid.holds my favourite...still till eternity

...Making or/and ultimately buying Christmas cards and gifts for everybody and anybody. Also for the humble self…

...Drawing endless Christmas trees on text books, desks, walls, hands and…any draw-able surface.

...Imagining the whole of North Pole…

...Winter-recess at school-but also not wanting to bye-bye with friends…

...My favourite home-English tutor Mrs. Kathleen-her bestowing of a fluent tongue and most importantly her home-mixed coconut-fruit Christmas cakes and the un-seconded egg-tomato round bread Easter sandwiches for Christmas.

...Helping Mrs. Kathleen to wrap up cakes and a bunch of goodies for her Christmas parties on Christmas-eve, on Christmas Day and on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.

...Waiting for the parties, it’s superb climax-the great un-veiling of gifts.

...Plunging deep inside the podgy couch, and watching non-stop Christmas cartoon marathons on Cartoon Network. Christmas can never be complete without Cartoon Newtwork.

...Delivering Nahoums dark fruit cake, horse-shoe and other pastries from Kathleen at familial with papa.

...Decorating my own Christmas tree.

...Standing on the veranda, at night, ogling-stars, singing ‘silent night’ in near-perfect tune-feeling cold-And feeling good.
-
…hoping to sight a sudden shooting star or better still-a sledge…

...Wondering if Santa would deliver gifts to Muslim kids-but, ending up with plentiful bounty, anyways always…

Christmas for me, is about believing---in miracles, not just that miracles exist, but the faith that, miracles do occur---

That some one will always deliver---That someone does, always, hover over you, like a silent, shiny star.
Having faith, means being a child.Being a child means having this faith. Being a child means, taking pride in what one believes in. For me Christmas is being in faith. In being a child. For me everyday is Christmas. Every day is a new miracle to believe in. Everyday, by believing, I negate the uncertainty and the cynicism, which means-growing up.
          Everyday, I don’t grow up, but I simple believe.

This for me is Christmas
          And this is Christmas for me.









1 comments:

Ifinder Ifindi said...

Simply sweet and great total. The art in words and the verses in Reveries. Thanking You for sharing so moving verses deep and cool words meaningful. Hope and request to continue and more frequent.

Vote for the Angel

Vote for the Angel